Chewathai Public Company Limited (CHEWA) was registered as limited company on 13 March 2008 with initial registered and paid-up capital of one million baht, and is a joint venture between Chartchewa Co., Ltd. and TEE DEVELOPMENT PTE., LTD., a subsidiary of TEE LAND LTD. Recognizing opportunity for growth and capacity for the development of real estate business in Thailand together, the two companies jointly founded Chewathai Co., Ltd. with the objective to develop quality, elegant and functional properties to cater to consumer demand.
Chartchewa Co., Ltd. operates the business of a holding company with investments in various business sectors. The major shareholders of Chartchewa Co., Ltd. are Mr. Chartchai Panichewa and Mrs. Somhatai Panichewa, both with over 30 years of experience in the real estate development including industrial estates, insurance business, manufacturing and finance sectors.
TEE Development Pte., Ltd. is a 100% owned subsidiary of TEE Land Ltd., which is listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX Mainboard). TEE Land is a leading boutique property developer in Singapore and the South East Asia region. TEE Land has developed more than 11 low rise condominiums and is well known in Singapore for providing stylish and classy homes. It also has investments in hotels in Australia and New Zealand.
In 2008, Chewathai launched its maiden condominium project Chewathai Ratchaprarop, showcasing a modern-contemporary high-rise residential building with 325 units. The project value is approximately THB 1,350 million and it is centrally located near Bangkok’s major landmarks like Victory Monument, Makkasan Airport Link Station and Central World Plaza. With overwhelming response for Chewathai Ratchaprarop, the company started to explore other development opportunities and began to invest and develop more projects. Over the years, the company has consistently launched quality residential products and has won the trust and confidence from its enlarged clientele.
- On 5 April 2016, Chewathai was listed on the Market for Alternative Investment (mai) and has paid up registered capital at 750 Million Baht.
- Chewathai bought over the AQ Aria Asoke and changed its name to “Chewathai Residence Asoke” - a 315-unit, 29th floor luxury condominium project located in Bangkok’s CBD with project value of THB 1,700 million.
- Chewathai was granted ISO 9001 - 2008 accreditation (Provision of Sale & Real Estate Services) for quality control system.
- On 24 April 2015, Chewathai converted into a public limited company and was renamed to Chewathai Public Company Limited.
- Chewathai launched “Chewathai Residence Bang Pho” - a 172-unit, 24th floor condominium project located in Bang Pho with a project value of THB 1,050,000,000.
- Chewathai launched five more ready-built factories for rent in Amata City Industrial Estate, Rayong Province with an investment value of THB 210,000,000.
- Chewathai launched “Hallmark Chaengwattana” – two 8th floor condominium buildings with a total of 472 units located in Chaengwattana area, with a project value of THB 780,000,000.
- Chewathai Interchange Co., Ltd. – a 100% owned subsidiary - took over the Dzio condominium project from Orada Co., Ltd. and changed the project name to “Hallmark Ngamwongwan”, which comprise of four 8th-floor condominium buildings with a total of 792 units located in Ngamwongwan area, with a project value of THB 1,200,000,000.
- Chewathai purchased additional 13 rai of land in Amata City Industrial Estate, Rayong Province, for developing ready-built factories for rent in Phase 2.
- Chewathai acquired 100% shares in Rotaj Development Co., Ltd. which was the land owner of Cross Point condominium. The company name was changed to Chewathai Interchange Co., Ltd. and the project name was changed to Chewathai Interchange. This project is a 26th-floor condominium building with a total of 279 units located next to Tao Poon MRT station on Pracharat Sai 2 Road, and has a project value of THB 1,050,000,000.
- Chewathai increased its registered and paid-up capital from THB 200 million to THB 240 million.
- Chewathai initiated and developed its first precint of ready-built factories for rent, and subsequently launched its first 5 units for rent
- Chewathai launched “Chewathai Ramkhamhaeng” – a 33rd-floor condominium building with a total of 535 units located on Rakhamhaeng Road, with a project value of THB 1,100,000,000.
- Chartchewa Co., Ltd. and TEE Development Pte., Ltd. jointly founded Chewathai Co., Ltd. with the registered and paid up capital of THB 1 million with a shareholding ratio of 51% : 49%. The collective aspiration was to tap of each other’s expertise to develop quality, elegant and functional properties to cater to consumer demand.
- Chewathai subsequently increased its registered and paid-up capital to THB 10 million.
- Chewathai increased its registered and paid-up capital from THB 10 million to THB 100 million.
- Chewathai launched “Chewathai Ratchaprarop” – a 26th-floor condominium building of 325 units located on Ratchaprarop Road, with a project value of THB 1,350,000,000.
- Chewathai increased its registered and paid-up capital from THB 100 million to THB 200 million.
- Chewathai and United Motor Works (Siam) Public Company Limited jointly founded Chewathai Hup Soon Co., Ltd. for the purpose of developing the condominium project named “The Surawong”, a 8th-floor condominium building of 52 units located on Surawong Road with a project value if THB 350,000,000.